martedì 16 settembre 2014

Analyze images with Dynamo...how can I use values?

I start this blog talking about a little work that I made before the summer for a competition. The goal was to create an ornament object representing a landscape. I decided to work in Vasari with Dynamo.
My idea was to analyze a picture of a landscape with Dynamo, and then recreate 3D landscape by a grid with parametric elements. Below you can see the general dynamo map:



Now let's start to see how it works.
First of all, I imported an image using File Path and Read Image File components.























Then I analyzed the pixel's colors of the image, infact using Watch component we can see a list of all pixels and the A-R-G-B codes.





























In the meanwhile
1- I want to create an XYZ Grid using the same XY values which I used for the imported image
2- I populate new grid with a family selecting from the list Select Family Type



























In this case I used a simple family characterized by an extrusion of a rectangular base with a variable hight and a variable void inside.



















New families can variate between 3 different parameters. 
1- The Red value of the pixels works on the Hight parameter
2- The Green value woks on the Void diameter
3- All Element are overridden in the view by the same Color Component.




























Now I can show you what happens if you click on Run Button








Other examples using other images and other families











Nessun commento:

Posta un commento