lunedì 1 dicembre 2014

Auto naming Rooms with Dynamo

In this short post I show you how is possible use Dynamo for auto naming rooms in Revit.
I made a little example with rooms with default names. As you can see, if I add a color scheme by name all rooms have the same color.
Using Dynamo with simple steps, after the run I will have Rooms with unique names and numbers.





Here you can see the general dynamo map


How it works?
1. First of all you need Lunchbox package, you can download it through the dynamo package manager. 
Now you can read all rooms in your model with "LunchBox Room Element Collector" node.


2. With the "Element.SetParameterByName" node is possible to assign values to specific parameters, in this case Name and Number



3. Here I created 2 groups of values for my rooms parameters.


After the run all rooms will have the new names with the correspondent numbers.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento